Awareness and education are crucial to keep your loved ones safe. We want to partner with you to make you aware and smart so that you can make informed choices for your home and family.
Challenge: Window treatment cords present a potential strangulation hazard to your children and pets. Accidents with window treatment cords often involve older products that do not conform to current safety standards. We strongly encourage you to substitute new or modernized parts or equipment for older ones or replace corded window treatments with current safer designs in accordance with the recommendation of the Window Covering Safety Council and the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Council who advocate that only cordless window coverings be used in homes with small children.
TIPS & TACTICS
Armed with information, you can reduce or eliminate those risks and decorate through thoughtful design.
- Move all furniture, cribs, beds and climbable surfaces away from windows.
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children.
- Check your current window treatments for exposed or dangling cores. To order a free retrofit kit for older window treatments, contact the Window Covering Safety Council directly: 1-800-506-4636 or email: email@example.com, www.windowcoverings.org.
- Make sure tasseled pull cords are as short as possible. Continuous-loop pull cords on draperies and vertical blinds should be pulled tight and anchored to the floor or wall.
- Be sure cord stops are properly in stalled an adjusted to limit inner-cord movement
- Keep all window cords well out of the reach of children.
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have, we’re here to help!